Behind every great planner is an emergency kit, bag, roller suitcase, or fanny pack. Being prepared is one of a planner’s many strengths – and events are the perfect storm for all kinds of random requests, predicaments, and last minute problems needing solutions. With events making a comeback, now is the perfect time to revisit the ol’ emergency kit and make sure it’s prepped for all that’s in store this wedding and event season.
Tip: be sure to check expiration dates on all items that have been sitting around for a bit!
All the essentials for your 2021 planner emergency kit
First aid kit
This is an absolute must. Bandaids, ice pack, rubber gloves, gauze, tape, butterfly closures, burn cream, hydrocortisone cream, sunscreen, bug spray, hand sanitizer and tweezers.
You never know when a wedding guest will have an allergy attack, migraine, common cold, or mayyybe isn’t feeling 100% due to festivities the night before. Be a hero by having ample Benadryl/antihistamines, Advil, Airborne or Emergen-C, and of course, a hangover cure.
Weddings are held in some seriously gorgeous but remote locations! Running to the corner store isn’t always an option so we think these are the basic personal items to pack:
- Deodorant (spray is preferable)
- Feminine care products
- Hair spray
- Bobby pins
- Tissues (the mini packs – and lots of them!)
- Oil absorbing sheets
- Nail clippers
- Nail file
- Nail polish remover pads
- Clear nail polish
- Lint roller
- Static guard spray
- Stain remover pen
- Eyelash glue
- Breath mints (single pack or wrapped for easy distribution!)
- Sewing kit
This and that
This category can weigh down your kit quickly so we recommend adjusting these items based on the location and type of wedding. But these can be game changers!
- Zip ties…all the zip ties!
- Ballpoint pens
- Sharpies or other fine tip markers for guest book signing
- Tape (scotch tape, double sided tape, fabric tape, and packing tape)
- Adhesives – double sided tape, super glue and glue dots
- Floral wire
- Safety pins
- Pearl head pins (for dress pinning and boutonnieres)
- 3M hooks
- Phone chargers (at least 2)
- Portable USB chargers
- Batteries (AA and AAA)
- Extension cords and power strip
- Votive candles
- Chalk (love this tip – it covers dress stains!)
Depending on where events are being held, there can be vastly different requirements and protocols so be sure you’re up to date on both your state and venue mandates. We’ve compiled a list of a few covid essentials to consider adding to your kit:
- Lysol spray and hand sanitizer (lots of it!) – these items are likely provided by the venue but communicate with them beforehand about where sanitizing stations will be placed and ensure there is an adequate number throughout the venue. Always bring your own supply for good measure!
- UV light boxes for pens (fun fact, UV-C light is a disinfection method!)
- Cups for dirty pens/clean pens for guest book table
- Disposable gloves
- Disposable masks – some guests may be a little apprehensive to return to large group settings so have masks on hand for anyone that may have left theirs at home